- International Consultant in Peace and Security
- Senior Advisor on Conflict Prevention and Recovery, UNDP
- Senior Advisor on Peacebuilding and Recovery, UNDP/ MoP
- Assistant Professor in Peace and Security Studies, Institute for Peace and Security Studies, Addis Ababa University
Published a book on : Peace Education for Youth Violence Prevention in Africa
Published handbook on : Peacebuilding and Resilience in Ethiopia
Advocated/ lobby for over 15 years for Peace Education Curriculum to be included in Ethiopia, Africa and the Globe.
- Received the UNESCO Young Researchers Award
- Peace Education Curriculum is introduced from Kindergarten up-to University level in Ethiopia schools
- Futured in Carrier Girls USA, talked about Peace Education among others it is on the YouTube below
When i went to University for Peace in 2008 for my post graduate degree in gender and peacebuilding, i took some courses on peace education and human rights by Professor Tony Jenkins and other professors, that opened my eyes and my interest to work on peace education. I am passionate about peace, justice and human rights issues. I advocate/ lobby/ research on human rights violations, in promoting peace education and justice in my over decades of my carrier.
To see change in attitudes and behaviours , to see a better world. Where human rights , justice and peace is respected. Wanted to contribute my share globally.