Visiting Researcher, Ritsumeikan University, Institute of International Relations and Area Studies
Interlocking between the two fields, Peace Education and International Relations.
- Completed doctoral thesis: "Reconstruction of Peace Education through Introducing "Study of Envisioning a World Order": Curriculum Development for Secondary Education And Its Implementation" in 2016
- Worked at an international high school for 30 years.
- Worked as an organizer of IIPE 2012 in Saitama, Japan.
I moved to watch the movie "Gandhi" in my youth age. After that, I have learned Peace Studies and International Relations, especially World Order studies. I have tried its curriculum development, since when I had started my practice at high school. As a Transcend Japan board member, I have learned much from Prof. Johan Galtung. I have also learned much from Prof. Betty Reardon in my doctoral course at Ritsumeikan. It was a great opportunity to meet Prof. Akihiko Kimijima, who is very thoughtful in and is interested in connection between PE and IR studies.
I had to retire from my international school, where I have worked for 3 decades, however, I am still interested in my research of Peace Education. I wish to keep contributing to this international/transnational network of promoting Peace Education.
One of my characteristic trials in PE is implementing Active Learning of learning international relations history with peace perspectives. Learners would act historic major conflicts and would create its resolution:
- 30 years war
- Birth of International Organization
- Developing League of Nations
- Overcoming terrorism/counter terrorism at an era of "only superpower" in "war system"